[nSLUG] Happy Meal Ethernet

Steve Zinck steve at zinck.ca
Fri Mar 14 11:03:54 AST 2003

On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 09:59:02AM -0400, Donald Teed wrote:

> Sounds strange, but that is the name of the ethernet device in my Sun box.
> Also known as HME.
>
> It is running Debian 3.0 sparc.
>
> I've been battling a little problem with reliability of this machine's
> ethernet connection.  I've seen some discussion of it in mailing lists

I've run into this problem before as well. I believe I was using an
Ultra 10 at the time that also had PCI slots, so I just popped in a
3com...I assume your particular machine has no PCI slots.

I have used a bunch of onboard Sun adapters succesfully with Linux
though...mostly older machines, sparcstation 4's and 5's and even IPX's.
Not sure what driver they use, I'm sure you could find out by googling
though.

Steve