[nSLUG] installing Mandrake 8.0

Réjean Chamberland laudire2you at gosympatico.ca
Thu Mar 13 15:58:35 AST 2003

> From: "Ron Dewar" <Ron.Dewar at ccns.nshealth.ca>
> Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 14:55:04 -0400
> To: <nslug at nslug.ns.ca>
> Subject: Re: [nSLUG] installing Mandrake 8.0
>
> You should also be able to boot from the CD.  Check your BIOS settings for the boot sequence and set them to look for the CD first, then the hard drive.  Of course, I don't know if your Mandrake CD is, in fact, bootable.  That's just the next step I would take.
>
> Ron

> Hi everyone!
> I would like to install Mandrake 8.0 on the second hard drive  ( 2.0 Gb ) of a  Penthium II 500 Mhz which has Windoze 98 SE on the first hard drive ( 2.5 Gb ).
>
> This email message may contain confidential information and is intended
> only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee
> you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this email.
> Please notify the sender immediately by email if you have received
> this email by mistake and delete this email from your system.
> Email transmissions cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error
> free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed,
> arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender
> therefore does not accept any liability for errors or omissions in
> the contents of this message that arise as a result of email
> transmissions. If verification is required please request a hard
> copy version.

Thanks Ron!
 It's working! It's funny that I have 2 different versions of Mandrake 8.0 ( one with 7 CDs and the other with only 3 CDs ). I had tried on my own to do what you suggested with the first version but it wasn't working. Then I tried with the second without your suggestion ( I can only guess ) so when I tried it again with your suggestion I was a little surprised to see it working. Now I just hope that Lilo will work and allow me to boot in and out between Windose and Mandrake.
Thanks again!
Rejean Chamberland