[nSLUG] installing Mandrake 8.0

Ron Dewar Ron.Dewar at ccns.nshealth.ca
Thu Mar 13 14:55:04 AST 2003

You should also be able to boot from the CD.  Check your BIOS settings for the boot sequence and set them to look for the CD first, then the hard drive.  Of course, I don't know if your Mandrake CD is, in fact, bootable.  That's just the next step I would take.

Ron

>>> laudire2you at gosympatico.ca 03/13/03 02:21PM >>>
Hi everyone!
I would like to install Mandrake 8.0 on the second hard drive  ( 2.0 Gb ) of a  Penthium II 500 Mhz which has Windoze 98 SE on the first hard drive ( 2.5 Gb ).

This email message may contain confidential information and is intended
only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee
you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this email.
Please notify the sender immediately by email if you have received
this email by mistake and delete this email from your system.
Email transmissions cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error
free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed,
arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender
therefore does not accept any liability for errors or omissions in
the contents of this message that arise as a result of email
transmissions. If verification is required please request a hard
copy version.