[nSLUG] installing Mandrake 8.0

Réjean Chamberland laudire2you at gosympatico.ca
Thu Mar 13 14:21:14 AST 2003

Hi everyone!
I would like to install Mandrake 8.0 on the second hard drive  ( 2.0 Gb ) of a  Penthium II 500 Mhz which has Windoze 98 SE on the first hard drive ( 2.5 Gb ).
The main problem is that the main board cannot read the floppy drive which works on another computer ( I have also tried several other working floppy drives but none work ). When I want to start Windoze I have to press F1 before 98 boots in.
My question is: Can I install Mandrake without making a boot disk? When I insert the Core System CD (X86) and I reboot I see  4 options; Quick install guide, Linux-Mandrake tutorial, Create boot diskette and Exit. Can I go past that and start installing?
Thanks in advance and sorry for the first posting ( I noticed some dust on the keyboard and in trying to wipe it out I sent the mistake by mistake.)
Keep up the good work. I read all the posts that come in my email.
Rejean Chamberland