[nSLUG] Cannot ftp from linux box

Peter Cordes peter at llama.nslug.ns.ca
Thu Mar 6 15:15:58 AST 2003

On Thu, Mar 06, 2003 at 06:59:36AM -0400, Vikram wrote:

> [...]

 Try active FTP, then?  There are possible configurations of network
equipment and firewalls such that either one, neither, or both will work, so
if one doesn't work, try the other.  Your netfilter (iptables) setup on the
GNU/Linux computer could be a problem.

 If not, then now is a great time to learn about networking :)  Install
ethereal, and capture a log of what's going on, then figure out where things
break down.

--
#define X(x,y) x##y