[nSLUG] Your post about samba...

Peter Cordes peter at llama.nslug.ns.ca
Wed Mar 5 00:24:43 AST 2003

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 08:41:17PM -0400, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 05:49:04PM -0600, happy at byteharmony.com wrote:
> > I got your samba post and solved the problem...
> >
> > adding 2000 machines to the domain.
> >
> > in smb.conf...
> > add user = bla bl bla
> >
> > run this command from your prompt and make sure it works.  If it does then
> > your golden (at least that's what happened for me.) if not then you got a new
> > problem.
> >
> > I had to add the "machines" group to my box to make it work.
> >
> > BK
>
> [ I just approved this post.  On a more careful re-read, I have no idea what
> post regarding samba "happy" is referring to.  Obviously, if you make
> configuration changes to any server of any kind, you take unsolicited advice
> with a grain of salt.  Anyone remember what this post is about?

 No, but it's not spam.  If your read smb.conf(5) and search for "add user",
you'll see that it's about keeping user accounts on the samba server in sync
with NT/win2000 usernames.  The suggestion looks useful for solving the
problem of adding windows 2000 machines to a domain, which I don't remember
anyone asking about, but it probably happened...

 Anyway, thanks mr. happy.

--
#define X(x,y) x##y