[nSLUG] KDE with Mozilla/Netscape bug

Tim Goodaire tim at momentumitgroup.com
Tue Mar 4 21:03:39 AST 2003

I've tried Debian and Gentoo, and I'd recommend either of them. It really
depends on what you want. Gentoo tends to be very "bleeding-edge", so you
lose some stability. It's source-based, so it's very fast, but it takes a
while to set up (you compile just about everything).

Debian is very stable, and has been around much longer. It also allows you to
choose packages depending on their license, which is great if that matters to
you.

Both of them are quick with security updates, and they're dead-easy to update.

Take a look at both of them and decide for yourself. I went through the same
thing. Started with Mandrake for a year or so, then started looking around
for something less bloated, with better control of what was installed.

I'm happily running Gentoo right now, but Debian is a very close second
choice.

Tim