[nSLUG] Your post about samba...

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Tue Mar 4 20:41:17 AST 2003

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 05:49:04PM -0600, happy at byteharmony.com wrote:
> I got your samba post and solved the problem...
>
> adding 2000 machines to the domain.
>
> in smb.conf...
> add user = bla bl bla
>
> run this command from your prompt and make sure it works.  If it does then
> your golden (at least that's what happened for me.) if not then you got a new
> problem.
>
> I had to add the "machines" group to my box to make it work.
>
> BK

[ I just approved this post.  On a more careful re-read, I have no idea what
post regarding samba "happy" is referring to.  Obviously, if you make
configuration changes to any server of any kind, you take unsolicited advice
with a grain of salt.  Anyone remember what this post is about?  Or is it
just spam that I should have deleted?  Thanks -- Ben
(nslug-owner at nslug.ns.ca) ]

Ben
 ,-.  nSLUG    http://www.nslug.ns.ca   synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
 \`'  Debian   http://www.debian.org    synrg at debian.org