[nSLUG] KDE with Mozilla/Netscape bug

Dean Mitchell dean at renovationexperts.com
Tue Mar 4 19:51:02 AST 2003

On Tue, 2003-03-04 at 17:11, jesse wrote:
> I'm thinking it might be time to try a different distro.  Mandrake is nice if
> you're just getting into Linux, but at this point I'd like a little more
> control over just what's included in my system.  I'm thinking either Debian
> or Gentoo.  Any thoughts?

Let the distro wars begin...

DEBIAN all the way!

Caution, Debian does not hold your hand like Mandrake or Red Hat so be
prepaired to RTFM, visit www.debian.org, search Google, or ask here. The
install is really not that difficult but just getting used to the
"Debian way" takes some time and patience.

About the window manager thing, I find KDE a little too resource
intensive so I prefer xfce or WindowMaker for the desktop.(you can still
run most KDE apps on these desktops).