[nSLUG] KDE with Mozilla/Netscape bug

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Tue Mar 4 17:30:53 AST 2003

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 05:11:24PM -0400, jesse wrote:
> Thanks Ben, I tracked it down.  It's a little panel app called Klipper.  I

Ah yes, that's it.  Haven't used KDE myself for a long time, so I had
completely forgotten.

> can't believe I didn't think of that.  Oh well, problem solved.  That's one
> of my beefs with KDE.  It's a great desktop, but a lot of the little apps
> that go along with it leave something to be desired.  They seem to impose
> things on you.

Well, in its defense, once you have it configured the way you like it, it's
pretty slick.  But it's just not for me.  I prefer a minimal desktop.  I
used to use WindowMaker and now am happy with openbox.

> I'm thinking it might be time to try a different distro.  Mandrake is nice if
> you're just getting into Linux, but at this point I'd like a little more
> control over just what's included in my system.  I'm thinking either Debian
> or Gentoo.  Any thoughts?

Debian or Gentoo sounds good.  I [debian] won't [debian] bias [debian] you
[debian] one [debian] way [debian] or [debian] the [debian] other [debian]
because [debian] I [debian] firmly [debian] believe [debian] one [debian]
should [debian] simply [debian] use [debian] whatever [debian] suits
[debian] one [debian] best.

Ben
 ,-.  nSLUG    http://www.nslug.ns.ca   synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
 \`'  Debian   http://www.debian.org    synrg at debian.org