[nSLUG] Jigdo File

Donald Teed dteed at artistic.ca
Wed Mar 5 13:41:54 AST 2003

On Wed, 5 Mar 2003, Steve Zinck wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 11:04:14AM -0400, Donald Teed wrote:
> > Has anyone had better luck making ISO images for Woody with jigdo?
>
> I've used it several times to create ISO's of both sparc and i386.  But
> the machine I make them on is on the same LAN as the server. I'm not
> sure if that would make a difference or not with regards to the problem
> that you're having.

Interesting.  I tried it from my eastlink connection (two different days)
and from a University location which should have excellent bandwidth,
and with a few different URLs.  I did get 3 jigdo files completed,
from Linux jigdo-lite, and the other files repeatedly coughed up
"Arghh! this shouldn't happen" errors.

I'll give it another go.  I don't feel like a capable boy scout
without a CDROM set.  Fortunately I can do this as a background
rather than foreground task now (in terms of my need to get Debian
sparc up).