[nSLUG] Jigdo File

Donald Teed dteed at artistic.ca
Wed Mar 5 08:54:21 AST 2003

On Wed, 5 Mar 2003, Ben Armstrong wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 02:42:43AM -0400, Vikram wrote:
> > I was trying to download Debian CDs using Jigdo and I am stuck at one place.
> > I am referring to the Jigdo-Debian Mini Howto located at
> > http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/mini/Debian-Jigdo/ and it prompts the installation
> > of following file, which I guess is Debian specific.
> >
> > jigdo-file_0.6.9-2_i386.deb
> >
> > Now if I am not running Debian, how would I install it?  .deb wont work
> > under Redhat, would it?
>
> Build from source, I guess.  That page lists where you can get jigdo in
> the resources section. (Disclaimer: I have never used jigdo on Debian
> before, let alone a non-Debian platform.)

I don't think that is necessary.  I found a jigdo-lite tar with a
binary for i386 that "worked" under Redhat.  It was called
jigdo-bin-0.6.9.tar

I can't believe how many tools we must rely on that are under
version 1.0.  A version number this low means if this was a car
it would only be safe to take around the block slowly.