[nSLUG] HELLO IS THERE ANYBODY THERE?

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Fri Aug 9 12:37:42 ADT 2002

On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 12:09:34PM -0300, Joey Mitchell Comeau wrote:

Joey!  I thought you were dead!

> 	I'm glad you've taken an interest in NSLUG. We here at NSLUG are
> quite active, and I'm surprised that your earlier attempts to reach us
> have gone unanswered.

Lies, nothing but lies.

> It's possible that your messages dealt with this
> "Open Source" you talk about, which may have confused some of our members.
> You see, we here at the Nova Scotia Linux Users Group aren't too fond of
> "Open Source".

Personally, I prefer the term "Free Software", but to each his own.

> 	According to Microsoft, "Open Source" is a security risk waiting
> to happen. Sun Microsystems also warns against the use or promotion of
> Open Source, and we here at NSLUG have been listening. The Nova Scotia
> Linux Users Group is therefore perhaps a bit misleading a name for our
> organization. We haven't given up the fight, per se. What we do is beat up
> linux users. For the greater good, you understand.

Right.  Watch send Joey "Guido" Comeau with a baseball bat to deal with our
more troublesome members.

> 	If you'd like to get involved, just let us know. Membership
> includes 1,025 free hours of AOL, and you can use your credit card to
> download the latest windows and SUN patches right from our website,
> www.linuxsucksweloveclosedsource.ns.ca

:)

So, since you've established you're alive ... what have you been up to?
People have been asking after you on the irc chan off and on over the past
year.

Ben
    nSLUG       http://www.nslug.ns.ca      synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
    Debian      http://www.debian.org       synrg at debian.org